Hummingbird News Desk
KRISHNAGAR, 9 APRIL: A 29-year-old man got asphyxiated while cleaning a well at a house in Bowbazar in Kotwali police station limits on Saturlday.
Police said Arjun Adhikari, a resident of Haranagar was engaged in cleaning sewage from a well along with other few labourers. But, he suddenly fell into the well while lifting waste materials from inside the well. As the well was very deep, no one dared to rescue him from inside it. The house owner and locals immediately called the fire brigade officials who rushed to the site and rescued him.
He was immediately taken to the Saktinagar district hospital where the doctor pronounced him brought dead.