PM Modi stuck on a Punjab flyover for 15-20 minutes, MHA seeks report from state

PM Modi stuck on a Punjab flyover for 15-20 minutes, MHA seeks report from state

Hummingbird News Desk

NEW DELHI, 5 JAN: Union Home Ministry has sought a report from the state government following security breach during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Punjab on Wednesday asking how the PM’s cavalcade was stranded on a flyover for over 15 minutes due to protest when his pragramme had been duly communicated to the state police.

Inside Post Content (After X Paragraph)

“The Ministry of Home Affairs has sought a detailed report on today’s security breach in Punjab. Such dereliction of security procedure in the Prime Minister’s visit is totally unacceptable and accountability will be fixed,” Home Minister Amit Shah tweeted.

“The PM’s schedule and travel plan was communicated well in advance to Punjab Government. As per procedure, they have to make necessary arrangements for logistics, security as well as keep a contingency plan ready. Also in view of the contingency plan Punjab Government has to deploy additional security to secure any movement by road, which were clearly not deployed,” the MHA said in a statement.

“The Ministry of Home Affairs taking cognisance of this serious security lapse has sought a detailed report from the state government. State Government has also been asked to fix responsibility for this lapse and take strict action,” it added.

Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi, however, denied a security lapse, and said the PM’s plan to travel by road was made at the last minute. Speaking on a local TV channel, the CM said, “There has been no security lapse. I had been up late last night overseeing the security arrangements for his rally. The PM’s road plans were made at the last minute, he was earlier supposed to travel by helicopter.”

According to the statement issued by Ministry of Home Affairs, Prime Minister Narendra Modi landed at Bathinda from where he was to go to the National Martyrs Memorial at Hussainiwala by helicopter.  Due to rain and poor visibility, the Prime Minister waited for about 20 minutes for the weather to clear out.

When the weather did not improve, it was decided that he would visit the National Marytrs Memorial via road, which would take more than two hours. He proceeded to travel by road after necessary confirmation of necessary security arrangements by the DGP Punjab Police.

Around 30 kms away from the National Martyrs Memorial in Hussainiwala, when the Prime Minister’s convoy reached a flyover, it was found that the road was blocked by some protestors.

The Prime Minister was stuck on a flyover for 15-20 minutes. This was a major lapse in the security of the Prime Minister, the ministry said adding that after this security lapse, it was decided to head back to Bathinda Airport.

Image Courtesy@DeepakFirani BJP

Tags: #Punjab #Modi #RallyCancelled #PMModi #MHA #NarendraModi #PMSecurityBreach

Share and Enjoy !

Below Post Content

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *